CAREERS AT DEJA VU SECURITY
Deja vu Security is a Seattle-based firm that provides cybersecurity, and secure development advice and services to some of the largest organizations in the world. Hacking complex software, embedded devices, cloud services, blockchain platforms, and more, we are among the best in the industry—and are growing fast. We have evergreen openings for security consultants at associate, mid, senior, and principal levels.
Our specialties include:
- Application security
- Embedded device and IoT security
- Security during mergers and acquisitions
- Ransomware readiness
- Secure cloud deployment
- Infrastructure security
- Bug bounty management
IS DEJA RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to work with some of the best minds in cybersecurity, and in service to some of the biggest companies in the world
- Possibility of working on-site with some clients
- Development plan that includes shadowing, joining an engagement team, becoming a team lead, and conducting research
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance (50% for dependents)
- 401k retirement plan and employer match
- Life, and short and long-term disability insurance
- Opportunities to conduct and present independent research
- Relocation assistance
- Work visa sponsorship
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Casual environment full of intellectuals
- Stocked kitchens
ARE YOU RIGHT FOR DEJA?
Applicants for technical roles such as security consultants must know how to code, though we encourage people without formal security backgrounds to apply. Desired languages include C, Java, and Python.
We prioritize a hacker mentality—the desire to figure out what you don’t know, learn it, and break things. Reasoning, logic, and a high degree of flexibility are key—as a security consultant for the most bleeding-edge technologies, we can guarantee you’ll be challenged by things you’ve never seen before.
All applicants regardless of role go through a phone interview and an extended in-house interview. The general flow of technical role interviews goes like this:
- Initial phone interview: We’ll get to know each other
- Technical phone interview: You’ll talk to a senior Deja team member who will investigate your technical background, including your experience with security as it’s related to web, crypto, and native
- In-house interview: You’ll visit our Seattle office for a day of chats and challenges based on web, crypto, and native
A passion for learning, growing, and improving is part of the soul of Deja vu Security and is expected of everyone on our team. Thus, diverse applicants from a variety of backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deja is proud to offer paid internships year-round at our home office in Seattle. Interested? Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.